Motion Picture General Safety Awareness
This Motion Picture General Safety Awareness course is designed specifically for the motion picture and television industry and will be mandatory for all individuals working in the industry by 2024. This course is a fun and interactive way to learn about the different safety hazards that exist within the industry. Whether you are refreshing your knowledge or just starting out in the industry, this course is great for veterans and beginners alike.
This course is a requirement to become a permittee with:
- The Directors Guild of Canada BC (DGC BC)
- The International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees Local 669 (IATSE 669)
- The International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees Local 891 (IATSE 891)
- Teamsters Local 155
Change your mind? Please see our Cancellation Information.
Course Delivery: Online
Course Cost: Free
Course Duration: 5 hours
FAQS ABOUT THIS COURSE
Does this course cover WHMIS?
No. Motion Picture General Safety Awareness is a separate course from our WHMIS 2015 course.
I completed my safety awareness course prior to 2019. Is that still valid?
No. Motion Picture Safety Awareness taken prior to 2019 was an in-person course.
This new online version must be taken by all industry workers by 2024.
Do I have to complete this course in one sitting?
This course does not need to be completed in one sitting. Register and complete the course at your own pace.
There is a glitch in the propane heater section.
Before starting the course, please ensure your browser is up to date.
Tips for troubleshooting a potential glitch:
- When prompted with “Would you like to resume where you left off?” click YES. Clicking NO will restart the course and cause your progress and star count to be lost.
- Do not click the “Back” and “Forward” arrows on your browser window to move through the course. Doing so will cause your progress and star count to be lost. Always use the navigation buttons within the course screen.
- The course is best completed on a large device – laptop or desktop computer. If you are having issues on other devices switch to a larger device where possible.
- iPads: Ensure your screen is in the “landscape” orientation when completing the course to ensure you are able to see the entire course on your screen.
- Adjust your browser’s zoom to ensure you are able to see the entire course on your screen.
- The propane heater STOP & THINK activity in The Circus module contains a two-part question – read all prompts carefully