Starting a production in British Columbia? We’ve curated a selection of important literature and resources to help provide an understanding of requirements for any new productions to create a safe and healthy workplace for your workers. Why not contact our Motion Picture Industry Advisor, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have about your production.
Our Production Packages include:
1. WorkSafeBC Notice of Project (NOP) online form.
- Before starting work activity on certain projects, owners, prime contractors, and/or employers are required by the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation to send WorkSafeBC written notice.
2. AED Program
- We offer our members a great opportunity to equip their organizations and productions with an Automated External Defibrillator at a cost that will fit any budget. Further information may be found here.
3. New & Young Worker Orientation
- All employers must ensure that a young or new worker is given a health and safety orientation and training specific to his/her workplace before that worker begins work. To help employers come into compliance with the WorkSafe BC regulations (sect, 3.22-3.25), our info sheet includes a brief overview of what the regulation is and how it pertains to the motion picture and performing arts industries. It also summarizes each section, offers tips for effective training and provides an orientation checklist. New & Young Worker Orientation Info Sheet.
4. Joint Health & Safety Committee Fundamentals Training
- In April 2017 WorkSafeBC mandated that all members of a Joint Health & Safety Committee are required to have a minimum of 8-hours of training. Actsafe offer this training in-house, the FAQs may be found here, or you may register for the course here.
5. First-Aid Assessment Tool
- Assess your production’s first-aid needs and help ensure compliance with WorkSafeBC’s first-aid requirements quickly and easily with our online assessment tool.
6. Respirator Fit Testing
- Actsafe offers a Respirator Fit Testing service to organizations in B.C.’s motion picture and performing arts industries. This service is provided by Reliable Mobile Hearing Testing. Find further information and booking procedures here.
7. Emergency Contacts
- This online fillable Emergency Contacts poster can be printed and posted on your worksite safety board.
8. Motion Picture Safety Primers
These pocket-sized booklets are available in digital and printed formats and contain information on industry-specific topics;
9. Managing Fatigue/Burn-Out
- We are a day-oriented species and when we challenge that by working late into the night, there can be consequences. The following recommendations have been reviewed by Actsafe’s Motion Picture Standing Committee and approved for distribution to British Columbia’s motion picture & television industry and will help you overcome those challenges.
10. Rights & Responsibilities
- Providing information on the rights and responsibilities of workers, supervisors and employers, these wallet sized foldable cards are available in digital and printed formats. Contact us for copies of the printed resource here.
11. Propane Heater Safety
- Providing information on what you should know about propane radiant heaters and how to recognize the signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide (CO2) poisoning, these wallet sized foldable cards are available in digital and printed formats. Contact us for copies of the printed resource here.
- We also provide Propane Heater Safety on-site to help you and your team learn to work safely with and around propane.
12. Pain Is Optional – Preventing MSI
- These educational guides to preventing Musculoskeletal injuries (MSI) are presented in a comic book style. The goal of this resource is to help different departments recognize and prevent the symptoms of MSI;
- Office Workers
- Wardrobe Workers
13. Hearing Conservation
- WorkSafeBC requires employers to arrange for annual hearing tests for all workers. Actsafe works with Reliable Hearing Testing to provide free hearing tests, find out more in our brochure.