This primer is for employers, performers, and technicians in British Columbia’s live performance industry. It describes health and safety requirements and safe work practices for working at heights.
You may find the information in this primer useful if you are involved with:
- An established performing arts organization, such as a dance or theatre company
- An organization that produces concerts, cooperative shows, or corporate or special events (including festivals)
- A volunteer or educational organization
The goal of this primer is to:
- Help employers comply with their legal responsibility to take every reasonable precaution to protect workers from falls
- Provide information about fall protection issues so cast and crew members can work safely
This primer is also a printed resource. To request your copy please email us here.