In this combination of online theory training and a 15-minute in-person practical assessment*, this Fall Protection training course covers the basics of fall arrest, travel restraint and work positioning, including fall protection definitions, components, fall calculations, equipment maintenance and rescue planning. The course discusses the theoretical and practical aspects of using fall protection equipment for multiple industries.
* The online theory portion of the training must be completed before attending the in-person practical assessment.
- Describe the basics of fall arrest
- Describe travel restraint
- Describe work positioning
- Define all protection definitions and components
- Determine fall calculations
- Prepare equipment maintenance
- Outline rescue planning
- Hazards of working at heights
- Fall protection oversights
- Descent and rescue procedures
- Equipment care workshop
- Harness donning workshop
- System analysis workshop
- Ladders workshop
- Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWP) workshop
Change your mind? Please see our Cancellation Information.
Course Delivery: Instructor-Led In-Person, and Online
Course Cost: $100 +GST
Online Theory Duration: 4.5 hours
Practical Duration: 15 minutes
STEPS FOR COMPLETION
- Register for the practical training date*
- Complete the online theory training before the practical training.
- Complete the practical training.
- Your digital certificate will be received within 5-7 business days of practical training completion.
The online theory can be taken anytime from the comfort of your home or office. You will find the online theory in your STAR System profile in the HOME tab, under the “Assigned” section once you have registered for the course. The online theory is approximately 4.5 hours long and participants must get a mark of 80% to pass. Participants may repeat the theory two more times if a passing mark has not been achieved.
ONLINE THEORY TRAINING
Please keep in mind that participants are required to complete the online theory training prior to attending the in-person practical assessment.
The in-person practical assessment must be completed within 6 months of the completion of the online theory. Failure to do so will require additional training and/or fees.
IN-PERSON PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT
Please arrive 15 minutes before the class start time. If you arrive late, you will not be allowed to participate and will be assessed a rebooking fee of 100% of the course cost to reschedule. Please read our cancellation policy for more information.
Practical Training Locations
You will be turned away if you do not adhere to the following equipment requirements and will have to pay the rebooking fee to reschedule.
- Do not wear shorts, sleeveless shirts, skirts, and/or dresses. These are not permitted at any time.
- Do wear steel toe boots and long pants.
- Do wear proper attire for the weather conditions.
- Do bring a picture ID.
- Do bring your own fall protection harness if possible; if not, harnesses are available at the training centre for use during the training.