At Actsafe, the health and safety of our stakeholders, clients and the Actsafe team is of the utmost importance. We are currently taking extra precautions to make sure our offices and meeting rooms and classrooms are being properly sanitized. Our staff have been diligent in taking care of themselves and their workspaces to ensure a safe event for all as the safety and health of our community is at the top of our minds. Actsafe is taking the following preventative measures to further mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19:
- All of our in-house training for the week of March 16th has been cancelled. Actsafe will re-evaluate each week and move forward with additional cancellations as appropriate.
- We are encouraging employees to work remotely if possible. Via call routing, phone calls to our general line will continue to be answered by our office staff. Additionally, the LiveChat service on our website will be available for any questions. Contact information for our safety advisors are also available on our website.
- As members of the Actsafe team will be working remotely, our office hours may be limited, but we’ll still be open should you require assistance in paying for courses via debit or by cash.
- We have reiterated the importance of hand washing routines and cleaning of surfaces, including our reception area, classrooms, and door handles.
- We have postponed any business travel and have asked staff to adhere to health authority guidelines on travel, including the need for self-quarantine upon return.
- Scheduled meetings will be conducted via teleconference or video conference wherever possible.
We have asked our staff to stay home if they feel unwell or may have been in contact with anyone that shows signs of illness. Actsafe will be monitoring the constantly evolving situation around COVID-19 and will be re-evaluating and updating these preventative measures on a weekly basis. We are working with the employers and labour organizations in B.C.’s entertainment industries to help ensure workers, their friends, families, and the communities we live in make it safely through this extraordinary situation.
If you require any further information, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Actsafe Team