- REMOVE rings, bracelets, and watch. WET hands and wrists in warm running water.
- APPLY liquid soap or clean bar soap. LATHER well.
- RUB hands vigorously for at least 20 seconds
- SCRUB fingertips, in between fingers, the back of hands and wrists.
- RINSE hands and wrists under running water.
- DRY hands well with clean cloth or paper towel
IF WASHING HANDS IN A PUBLIC RESTROOM, RINSE HANDS AND LEAVE THE TAP RUNNING. USE TOWEL TO TURN OFF FAUCET AFTER DRYING HANDS.
DISINFECTING WITH HAND SANITIZER
- APPLY sanitizer to open palm.
- RUB hands together, palm to palm. Spread evenly.
- Make sure to rub finger-tips, in between fingers, back of hands and wrists.
- Keep rubbing until hands are dry.
YOU SHOULD WASH YOUR HANDS
BEFORE AND AFTER
- Preparing food
- Using the washroom
- Handling garbage
- Being around sick people
- Hauling cable
- Touching animals, toxic chemicals, or anything that has been on the ground
REMEMBER to COUGH and SNEEZE
INTO THE CORNER OF YOUR ARM…NOT YOUR HANDS.