Skip to content
Flame Testing of Scenic Elements

There are many flame retardant products available that allow you to treat the scenic products yourself.
However, if the local fire authority insists on a certificate of flame proofing, the work must be performed
by a commercial contractor.

Large items, such as stage draperies, should be treated and certified by a commercial contractor.

The fire resistance value of treated materials is reduced by handling, washing, or painting the material.

Share Now:

Actsafe Safety Association would like to acknowledge and honour that our workplace and classrooms are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Qayqayt, S’ólh Téméxw (Stó:lō), Hul’qumi’num Treaty Group, səl̓ilwətaɁɬ təməxʷ (Tsleil-Waututh), šxʷməθkʷəy̓əmaɁɬ təməxʷ (Musqueam), and Stz’uminus peoples.


Actsafe is a not-for-profit health and safety association supporting British Columbia’s arts and entertainment industries.

© 2024 Actsafe Safety Association  |  All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy  |  Legal Disclaimer  |  Code of Conduct

Skip to content