Skip to content
Registration of Non-BC Performers and Groups

There has long been confusion among BC festival societies, concert promoters, night club owners and others engaged in the performing arts and live entertainment sector as to their obligations under the BC Workers Compensation Act when engaging non-resident performers.

This info sheet focuses on group situations, such as dance troupes, orchestras, and bands, and applies specifically to those touring groups comprised exclusively of non-BC residents and not employing any BC residents (“Non-BC Group”).

Share Now:


Actsafe is a not-for-profit health and safety association supporting British Columbia’s arts and entertainment industries.

Skip to content