Senior Manager, Industry Health & Safety Services
Position Posting: Senior Manager, Industry Health & Safety Services
Organization: Actsafe Safety Association
Application Deadline: Sunday, Feb. 19, 2023
Do you like the thought of overseeing not-for-profit programs, services and strategic initiatives with a wide scope of influence over an entire industry and its workforce? Do you have 10+ years of experience and education in occupational health & safety in the BC’s arts and entertainment industry? Have you been leading and supervising staff and managing a budget for at least 3-5+ years?
Actsafe Safety Association has just launched a new five-year strategic plan (2023–2027) with a focus on ensuring our programs and services are world-class, industry-specific and improve health, safety, and well-being knowledge, attitudes, beliefs and behaviours. The ultimate objective is to decrease the injury rate of BC’s arts and entertainment workers.
We are pleased to start recruitment for this NEW and exciting senior leadership role, charged with
- Overseeing and strengthening our industry health & safety services program and its policies, processes, standards, guidelines, and quality assurance program.
- Managing the day-to-day activities of our various programs, including our safety equipment rental service (e.g. AED rental), safety product sales (e.g. first aid kits) and safety testing (e.g. respirator fit test).
- Managing the administration of programs, including preparing reports, analyzing data, tracking progress and ensuring the program delivers on our objectives and KPIs.
- Supervising a team of safety professionals who will be delivering the program and services, including outreach, advising, consulting, reviewing and developing OHS Program and Safety Management Systems, and delivering presentations.
- Leads multi-year, multi-agency strategic initiatives to further Actsafe’s vision and mission.
- Builds and maintains excellent stakeholder relations, a diverse and dynamic group ranging from industry employers, supervisors, and workers, to industry partners, including associations, unions, regulators, and internal technical subject matter experts.
- Responsible for the financial control of your department’s budget and assisting in the development of the operational priorities within the guidelines of the strategic goals set by the Board of Directors and CEO.
- As a member of Actsafe’s management team, you will contribute to other operational priorities, including employee policies, culture, and the organization’s overall effectiveness.
We are looking for an experienced leader with a deep understanding of the BC arts and entertainment industry and relevant health & safety regulations. Completion of formal post-secondary education in occupational health and safety, as well as the Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), is considered an asset. If you are committed to making an impact and want to be part of an organization dedicated to transforming health, safety and wellness in BC’s arts and entertainment industry, we would love to meet you!
How to apply:
To apply for this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with the title of the job you are applying for clearly outlined in the email subject line and cover letter by Sunday, Feb. 19, 2023!
Who is Actsafe?
Actsafe is a not-for-profit health and safety association supporting BC’s production of motion pictures, television, live events and performing arts industries. Its vision is that British Columbia has the safest and healthiest arts and entertainment workplaces in the world, and its mission is to prevent and eliminate workplace injury, illness and death by providing world-class occupational health, safety, and wellbeing programs to employers, supervisors, and workers.
What we offer:
Actsafe offers a total rewards package including:
- competitive salary ($100,000-$128,000) and benefits
- an 8-hour workday/40-hour workweek
- a flexible workplace with a mix of in-office (Burnaby) and remote work opportunities
- a rich paid time off and professional development budget
- challenging work that provides you with a sense of purpose
- passionate, skilled team members
- engaged and collaborative stakeholders
- a physical and psychologically safe and healthy culture and workplace
At Actsafe Safety Association, a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all members of the team, stakeholders, community, and individuals whose personal characteristics fall into any of the prohibited grounds of discrimination under Canadian Human Rights Law feel valued and respected. We are committed to fostering a non-discriminatory workplace culture and providing equal employment and advancement opportunities throughout our organization. We respect, encourage, and value diverse voices because we believe that innovation and creativity are driven by inclusiveness and cultivated by diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.