Senior Manager, Industry Education & Training
Position Posting: Senior Manager, Industry Education & Training
Organization: Actsafe Safety Association
Application Deadline: Sunday, Feb. 19, 2023
Do you like the thought of overseeing not-for-profit programs, services and strategic initiatives with a wide scope of influence over an entire industry and its workforce? Do you have 10+ years of experience and education in BC’s arts and entertainment industry, ideally in the production of motion pictures and television? Have you been leading and supervising staff and managing a budget for at least 3-5+ years? Do you have expert knowledge of industry education and training requirements?
Actsafe Safety Association has just launched a new five-year strategic plan (2023–2027) with a focus on ensuring our programs and services are world-class, industry-specific, and improve health, safety, and well-being knowledge, attitudes, beliefs and behaviours to ultimately decrease the injury rate of BC’s arts and entertainment workers.
We are pleased to start recruitment for this NEW and exciting senior leadership role, charged with
- Overseeing and strengthening our industry education and training program and its policies, processes, pricing model, standards, guidelines, and quality assurance program.
- Develop the department’s annual operational plan and budget and manages the program’s day-to-day activities, including your team’s delivery of workshops, courses, webinars, and certification requirements, scheduling the annual curriculum calendar, and developing resources.
- Managing the administration of programs, including preparing reports, analyzing data, tracking progress and ensuring the program delivers on our objectives and KPIs.
- Supervise a team of three staff members (instructional design specialist, logistics coordinator, and customer service assistant) and several contractors (instructors, technical writers) delivering the program and services.
- Leads multi-year, multi-agency strategic initiatives to further Actsafe’s vision and mission.
- Builds and maintains excellent stakeholder relations, a diverse and dynamic group ranging from industry employers, supervisors, and workers, to industry partners, including associations, unions, regulators, and internal technical subject matter experts.
- Responsible for the financial control of your department’s budget and assisting in the development of the operational priorities within the guidelines of the strategic goals set by the Board of Directors and CEO.
- As a member of Actsafe’s management team, you will contribute to other operational priorities, including employee policies, culture, and the organization’s overall effectiveness.
We are looking for an experienced leader with a deep understanding of the BC arts and entertainment industry and its union education and training requirements. Completion of post-secondary education (degree, diploma, certificate) is considered an asset, ideally in Film, Motion Picture, Television, Broadcast, Multi-Media Arts, Video Studies, Dance, Visual Art, Theatre, Music, and Art, Performance or Cinema Studies. If you are committed to making an impact and want to be part of an organization dedicated to transforming health, safety and wellness in BC’s arts and entertainment industry, we would love to meet you!
How to apply:
To apply for this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the job you are applying for clearly outlined in the email subject line and cover letter by Sunday, Feb. 19, 2023!
Who is Actsafe?
Actsafe is a not-for-profit health and safety association supporting BC’s production of motion pictures, television, live events and performing arts industries. Its vision is that British Columbia has the safest and healthiest arts and entertainment workplaces in the world, and its mission is to prevent and eliminate workplace injury, illness and death by providing world-class occupational health, safety, and wellbeing programs to employers, supervisors, and workers.
What we offer:
Actsafe offers a total rewards package including:
- competitive salary ($100,000-$128,000) and benefits
- an 8-hour workday/40-hour workweek
- a flexible workplace with a mix of in-office (Burnaby) and remote work opportunities
- a rich paid time off and professional development budget
- challenging work that provides you with a sense of purpose
- passionate, skilled team members
- engaged and collaborative stakeholders
- a physical and psychologically safe and healthy culture
At Actsafe Safety Association, a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all members of the team, stakeholders, community, and individuals whose personal characteristics fall into any of the prohibited grounds of discrimination under Canadian Human Rights Law feel valued and respected. We are committed to fostering a non-discriminatory workplace culture and providing equal employment and advancement opportunities throughout our organization. We respect, encourage, and value diverse voices because we believe that innovation and creativity are driven by inclusiveness and cultivated by diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.