Actsafe is looking for a Safety Awareness Workshop Facilitator.
If you have a passion for safety and love sharing your knowledge of the motion picture and television industry, then here is an opportunity for you. Actsafe Safety Association, the industry’s leading organization for occupational health and safety education is seeking an experienced insider to join our team.
Purpose & Objectives the Course:
· The Safety Awareness workshop is designed to make safety engaging, interactive and fun for the audience. Safety a serious subject, but it doesn’t have to be boring!
· The objectives include learning about industry hazards, make personal safety assessments, and understand the rights and responsibilities of everyone involved in production.
· Workers leave here with excitement and desire to go out and fulfill their filmmaking dreams; knowing that they can also do that safely!
· Based on the highest standards of adult educational design, learning is achieved through conversations, group activities, games and case studies.
· Delivered at Actsafe’s state of the art facility in Burnaby; by energetic, enthusiastic and authentic facilitators, who keep a sleep-deprived audience excited and engaged.
· Required by DGCBC, IATSE 891, IATSE 669 and Teamsters 155 for entry into a variety of union positions.
Skills & Experience of the Facilitator:
· 6+ years working in the industry
· 3 years in a senior supervisor or department head role
· Experience in public speaking, facilitating workshops or training events
· Have a passion for health and safety
· Any professional teaching credentials or certifications would be an asset
This is a casual, part-time position with a flexible schedule for someone who can work 1-2 days per week. To apply send a cover letter and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application accepted until August 18th, 2017